Re: [oletrucks] TF V8 conversion...6 had side-mount, v-8s

To: <GremlinGTs@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF V8 conversion...6 had side-mount, v-8s
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 23:17:37 -0600
Didn't see original question, but I6's didn't ALL have side mounts.  Early
truck ONLY engines (like 49 & 50 for sure) had only front mounts (no bosses
on the sides of the engines at all for car mounting).  Because of this, a
car engine could be put in a truck (by using a trucks front engine plate
with the mount holes), but a truck engine could NOT be put into a car.
Chevy later (at least by about 53) started putting bosses on the sides of
ALL I6's so that they could go in EITHER cars OR trucks & they could run one
standard engine casting design.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com