Re: [oletrucks] Running unleaded

To: <NSurles@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Running unleaded
From: "Pat Cossey" <ccossey@seark.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:11:20 -0600
You bring up a good point about hurting the eng slow. If you don`t use the
eng to pull loads over extended trips you can get by on the unleaded gas for
a good deal of miliage before having any valve problems.
If you subject it to a lot of load they(the exahust valves) are going to be
in trouble shortly.
I know from experiance with a 77 454 that I used to tow a 30 foot trailer,
only problem I ever had with the eng was valves because of not being able to
buy leaded gas on the east coast in the mid 80`s. After I got back home I
never had any more problems. drove the truck untill 1994 and I still see it
around town.

Pat    67 Nova SS
         41 Art  Deco chevy truck