Re: [oletrucks] t-shirts

To: wayne@chevytrucks.org (Wayne Osborne), oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] t-shirts
From: Cadamsarch@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:48:23 EDT
Hello Wayne and All,

It looks like a fine T-shirt.

I don't know much about the law, except that, around here, most are written
by attorneys.

But, as an architect, it is my understanding that someone doesn't have to
change much of another's' drawing before they can call it their own. (A
lawyer can give you something more definite to work with on this.)

What I do know is that I run AutoCAD (Registered name: credit here given).
That means I can produce a cad drawing with a .dwg or .dxf file extension.
I've done a couple of these for T-shirts in the past where the silk screener
either cut a screen directly from the digital drawing or used a photo process
based on a graphic plot of the digital drawing. (I am not sure
which--reformatted that part of my brain since then.) I've not had first hand
experience in the T-shirt production end of the process.

It takes time to do these. How much depends on what there is to work with. I
can only volunteer about 10 hours per week for about the next month. That
means I can't do an overnight turnaround.

But as a meager gesture of my appreciation of the information and tips you
all have put on this site, I would be glad to toss in some time, and, should
Lisa locate a really fine AD pickup project near Minnesota, and not be able
to persuade it to follow her home, I may also ask for a chance to negotiate.

Regards,

Culver Adams
1931 Chevy coupe
1951 Chevy 3100
Minneapolis
---
That's the block i'm running into--permission from him to use it.  Shoot
any other input to get something going in the right direction, Steve had a
great idea-we'd get a new start in a sense. If we had permission to use the
old-no problem, we could all use the transfers on
anything.     Ideas????   --wayne