[oletrucks] How low is too low?

To: "Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] How low is too low?
From: "Bill Bailey" <billb1@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 20:33:12 -0400
I've been reading some of the comments concerning the down in the weeds
stance that some people prefer on their old truck and I thought I would
pass this along.
Recently I have run into quite a bit of trouble in Virginia with the state
police ticketing for being "too low" it has happened to my truck and to a
truck of similar ride height that belongs to a friend of mine. Interestingly
enough both tickets came within a few hundred yards of on another.
Apparently in the Commonwealth of Virginia the police have squashed crime to
the point where all they have to deal with now are middle aged men in the
truck toys, hardened criminals that they be.
I don't think my truck is all that low (you can see it on my website below
and judge for yourself) but apparently it doesn't meet the requirements of
some irrelevant law buried deep in the Virginia codebooks.  Something to
consider when you're building a truck..who wants to be hassled by trooper
with nothing better to do everytime they take their truck out?

Bill Bailey
Hagerstown, MD
1957 Chevrolet 1/2 ton
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/