Re: [oletrucks] How low is too low?

To: billb1@mindspring.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] How low is too low?
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:59:16 EDT
billb1@mindspring.com writes:

> I've been reading some of the comments concerning the down in the weeds
> stance that some people prefer on their old truck and I thought I would
> pass this along.
> Recently I have run into quite a bit of trouble in Virginia with the state
> police ticketing for being "too low" it has happened to my truck and to a
> truck of similar ride height that belongs to a friend of mine.
> Interestingly
> enough both tickets came within a few hundred yards of on another.
> Apparently in the Commonwealth of Virginia the police have squashed crime
> the point where all they have to deal with now are middle aged men in the
> truck toys, hardened criminals that they be.
> I don't think my truck is all that low (you can see it on my website below
> and judge for yourself) but apparently it doesn't meet the requirements of
> some irrelevant law buried deep in the Virginia codebooks.  Something to
> consider when you're building a truck..who wants to be hassled by trooper
> with nothing better to do everytime they take their truck out?

     Boy, I think I would have to fight that one. If your truck is licensed
and LEGAL in Maryland, then Virginia cant in-force one of their local laws. I
can drive my "full of smog" car to California on vacation, I just can't live
there or register my car there without meeting the local codes. Here in Iowa,
we have a law limiting how dark your window tinting can be. But if you're
from out of state, or it came from the factory with it, then "they" can't do
anything about it.
 That was a cop that was writing a ticket because you were from out of town,
hoping that you just pay it and not fight it, because you live to far away.
                                                                   Good Luck,
Pat Hollister 58 step