Re: [oletrucks] Sun Visor

To: Jim Wilkerson <Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Sun Visor
From: Nick_Griswell@SIND.COM
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:59:32 -0400
Jim,

I just purchased a visor for my 54 that will be different from yours on the
center bracketry.  But, I have a feeling I can point you in the right direction
on the bolts.  They are called "sex bolts" or "binding screws" if what you are
describing is what I am thinking of.  They basically have a threaded barrel with
a flat head on one end, and then the insert is a bolt that usually has a slotted
head to tighten into the barrel (hence the term "sex bolt").  These are easily
available in all sizes through McMaster Carr or through MSC or somebody like
that.  I have used them numerous times on projects (mechanical engineer by
trade) and they are great little fasteners.  If they work for the visor, I would
suggest some loc-tite or eqivalent, as you don't want to damage your precious AD
or your Fulton by a bolt that backs out going down the road.  I hope this
information helps, and let us know how it works out.

Nick Griswell
Rock Spring, GA
54-3100 5-window "FATBOY"