[oletrucks] Sun Visor

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Sun Visor
From: "Jim Wilkerson" <Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 12:11:51 -0400
To all,

I'm in the process of building a '53 Chevy 1/2 ton.  I 'think' I'm getting very
close to the final construction phase (ask my painter if that is true!).  I
have a Fulton Sun Visor for this vehicle and I thought it was complete when I
bought it.  However, now I think I'm missing a couple of critical parts!?
There are two stainless steel 'clamps' that attach the center of the visor to
the center of the windshield.  On the windshield end of these two clamps there
are some special bolts.  It looks like there should be two of these special
bolts for each clamp, but I only have one for each clamp.  These special bolts
are two-piece assemblies - a fairly simple stainless steel bolt about 1" and a
special threaded sleeve that this bolt threads into.  The side brackets for the
visor also have these special type of bolts, but I have all of those parts.
It's the center brace assembly that I think I'm missing parts

Can anyone confirm that there are supposed to be two of these special bolts for
each 'clamp'? (for a total of 4 for the center brace assembly)?

And, the big question:  Does anyone have a pair they would sell me or can you
suggest a vendor that may have these items?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Wilkerson