Re: [oletrucks] 58 Cab mounts

To: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 58 Cab mounts
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 02:39:13 -0500
Taking the bellhouse x-member out allows the frame rails to twist from
weight of cab on them. Should have cut that out after new suspension was in
OR at least made a temporary brace to keep it straight till done. You may
need to put a drop-down x-over there anyway. I would pull the bottom of
frame together again and temp weld or bolt on an x-over of angle iron or
tubing. If you don't, I see more problems later with stuff lining up or
being able to adjust the suspension in an alignment.

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750
AD trucks and MM tractors