Re: [oletrucks] 58 Cab mounts

To: kjohlgren@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 58 Cab mounts
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:37:01 EDT
    Kurk,
 I don't know which MII kit you have, but most of them tell you to DO NOT cut
out the original crossmembers. The MII crossmember is not strong enough by
it's self to hold the frame rigid I cut out the one under the engine before I
got my kit, but plan on making a custom one in front of the MII crossmember,
just to make it a little stronger.
 About all you can do now is block up your frame on stands and shim it to
make it square and straight. Measure, measure, measure. Tack weld or bolt in a
couple temporary crossmembers to hold it straight while you put in the MII
crossmember. Then, if everything is still true and straight, I would put in a
couple custom crossmembers, (one in front, one in back of MII) as you have
clearance. You may have to set in your engine and tranny to see where you have
room.
                                                                         Good
Luck,

Patrick A. Hollister '58 step