Re: [oletrucks] OT: '78 Wiring diagrams?

To: keady84@msn.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] OT: '78 Wiring diagrams?
From: "Dustin Cross" <livnrt@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 10:51:54 -0600
if you're trying to return it to stock, just go to a pick and pull junkyard
and get the complete harness off a similar pickup.  I bet it would be cheap,
very cheap compared to your time.  I think they are all going to be
interchangable from '77 or '78 to the '87s   the only difference before that
is the older ones had a mechanical oil pressure and an ampmeter vs a
voltmeter.  The housing for the gauge cluster changes in '81 but you can
interchange most of the gauges if you need to and dont care if you have the
correct style for your year.  I have at least three different pickups that
I'd let you have the wiring and gauges from IF you came and pulled them
yourself!  I'm sure you're too far away for that to be worthwhile... (I'm in
North central Montana)

Dustin