Re: [oletrucks] OT: '78 Wiring diagrams?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] OT: '78 Wiring diagrams?
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:41:38 -0500
There's still tons of those trucks around.  Factory service manuals
should be available somewhere.  For a truck that new, there should
also be a Hayes manual available at an auto parts store.  Public
libraries should have them or Chiltons too.  These usually have pretty
good wiring schematics.

Chevy Duty lists the Hayes manual, the Chilton manual, and reproductions
of the Factory Service Manual.  Built up wiring harnesses should
also be available.

Something that new must be a pleasure to work on.  More fun to drive
an old one :-)

Bruce K
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN

At Thursday, 05 June 2003, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>A buddy of mine has a '78 3/4 ton Chevy, but someone has hacked
the wiring
>to shreds.  We're going to re-wire it this summer and are starting
to put
>schematics together (some custom, some factotry) and really need
a full
>schematic for the headlight/taillight/parking light/signal circuits.
Any