Re: [oletrucks] Re: to punkin or not to punkin

To: <BLUCHEETAH@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: to punkin or not to punkin
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 12:04:37 -0500
Why not just leave it alone. If it works, don't fix it! These trucks were
meant to drive slow, say 45-50ish, just do that and enjoy. Changing gears is
something you can do long after other more important stuff is finished. Most
important part is new brakes, seldom are they good on an old truck that's
been sitting. Get parking brake to work too!  Basic stuff like carb rebuild,
flush coolant, change rubber hoses and points and plug wires, etc. If you
want a new faster truck, buy a newer faster truck!

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750
AD trucks and MM tractors