Re: [oletrucks] ignition switch removal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ignition switch removal
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:52:27 -0500
You don't waste any time!

It sounds like you are trying to get the lock cylinder out of the
switch.  Disconnect the battery (You've already done this, right?
Safety first!)  Turn the switch to the on position.  Poke the end
of a paper clip into the hole, and the cylinder should release and
pop out.

As for the switch itself, the bezel on the surface of the dash should
be a nut that will turn off and release the switch.

Are you aware that some of the vendors make a patch panel that replaces
the area where the radio went to fix butchered up radio holes?

If you look close in their catalog, Eastman sells a copper "spoon"
that can be used to back holes that are being welded shut.  There
are also lots of recent posts on plugging sheet metal holes.  I can't
vouch for how well the spoon works.

Bruce K
57 3200
Mt Iron, MN