Re: [oletrucks] tee's

To: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tee's
From: Rich Kosiba <kosibar@kolbenet.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:27:10 -0400 (EDT)
Just an FYI, having gone through this sort of thing for fund raisers
before, I have some idea of the international shipping times.

Actually, the fund raiser I was doing involved t-shirts, but also some
other little things - mouse pads, pens, etc. But the packages should have
been about the same size, generally one to four shirts.

In the US we shipped parcel post. For the most part, the east coast (we're
in NY) arrived within 3 days. The west coast within 5 days. Canada was 4
to 10 days. Outside the US we had to use the standard international mail
rates, parcel post is not available. Most of the European countries,
especially Spain and the UK, if I recall correctly, were very quick -
about a week, week and a half maybe. Japan was also very quick. Australia
was 2-3 weeks. I believe Germany was also about two weeks. So in general
it was within 1 to 3 weeks for everything going international. Out of the
several hundred packages we had shipped, maybe a dozen took longer than a
month, and three of them actually took considerably longer. One of the
packages actually took four months to arrive! We thought it had been lost.
There were a couple of two-month and three-month deliveries. Still
considering that we had a couple of hundred international packages alone,
those few exceptions were not so bad.

So hopefully I'll have my shirts soon! :) I'm anxious to see how they came
out. I'll have to find a car show the night they arrive so I can try them
out. :) I'll stand around other people's AD trucks and see if they ask me
about it. LOL ... Now I just need to have some business cards printed up
that tell how to join. Hmm...

Rich