Re: [oletrucks] Re: Rubber gas lines

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Rubber gas lines
From: ke6bnl@juno.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:59:17 -0700
I don't know where you are but some of the additives in California were
cause good normal fuel lines to decompose prematurely.  I believe that it
is no longer used.  This was happening to new cars as well. good luck Ed
ke6bnl

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 09:35:34 -0700 Ed Miller <enigmaT120@highstream.net>
writes:
> Tim, that's crazy.  Not you, the situation!  I've never changed the
> gas
> lines on my truck, and I've had it since 1988 or so, no problems.
> I'm
> not saying that you should be able to do that, and as I write this
> I'm
> thinking that replacing them is a good idea.  Unless I get the same
> kind
> you bought.  Are yours the black rubber with nylon or fiberglass
> (dunno
> what it is) braid in them for reinforcement?  That's what I've
> always
> used for gas line, except for the clear braided line I use on my old
>
> Triumph bike.  I think the real good gas line is the stuff that has
> some
> cloth braided covering, too, like for fuel injected rigs, that need
>
> higher pressure line.
>
> Good luck,
> Ed Miller
> '58 Apache Short Fleetside
>
> Tim wrote:
>
> >Can anyone attest to the longevity of rubber-and-nylon gas lines
> when
> >installed under an old truck?  The ones I bought from my FLAPS not
>
> >three months ago are already cracking.
> >
> >Tim Lloyd, lloydt@colorado.edu
> 1959

   Ed     ke6bnl@juno.com                     ( 1950 f1 & 1963econo pu

      Agua Dulce Ca.    91390                    70 chevy S/B)  1948 Ford
F3
      So.   Calif. 70 mil N.Eof Los Angeles   1953 Chevy pu 3100)