Re: [oletrucks] Cutting metal

To: <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cutting metal
From: "debbie perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 01:57:11 -0500
 Bill, on saw, cut only the metal, not the welds. The welds are harder. They
even cut harder with a torch. Then when metal is out of way, you can grind
with 4-1/2" angle grinder. You have one of those right??? :-)  I would have
chosen a torch to whack it off. Then ground smoother after main parts were
gone. I like bolting hitches on, that way you can remove if needed or
wanting to save for next truck.  I don't think bolting is any Weaker if you
use good strong bolts and heavy washers on frame rail side.

G.L. Perry