Re: [oletrucks] Abandoned, my foot.

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Abandoned, my foot.
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:19:48 -0700
I think there are two issues here.

First is what would be Tim's smartest move, and second, how do we deal with
a public that would cheerfully see all our old trucks in a crusher.

For Tim the answer is probably to find a way to get his truck off the
street.  Make the driveway narrower, park in the yard, or some other
alternative.

Until recently I had a neighbor who could only gain access to his own
property by using an easement over my own.  He was complaining about the
eyesore my trucks create, and at the same time was one of the leaders of a
group fighting our city government to protect the rights of landowners.  I
thought it was pretty funny...

I don't have that 4-car garage either, but I do have almost two acres, and
unless you know exactly where to look, none of it is visible from the
street.

We all need to pay attention to the actions our lawmakers are taking if we
want to protect our hobby.