Re: [oletrucks] Replacing Cowl panels

To: "Duff Karen ES-19 103 FW/EM" <Karen.Duff@ctbrad.ang.af.mil>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Replacing Cowl panels
From: "Bob Chansler" <rchansl@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:03:24 -0700
Karen,
I am still in the process of doing the inner, outer and the intermediate
panels. From what I could tell they are all the same so the same people must
make them all. The outer panel fits well. The inner panel was actually
thicker that the one I took off. I think the original is 22 guage and the
replacement is 18 guage. The inner panels are a poor fit. They dont taper
correctly along the floor. I had to completely rebend the bottom of the
inner panels to match the floor. You are almost better off making those
pieces. The inner-to-outer piece is a real nasty one to replace. It is a
heavy 16 guage piece that took lots and lots of rework. I bought mine from
Chevy Duty. I compared them to the ones from MileHigh parts in Denver and
they look the same so I dont think it matters who you buy them from. If you
do find something different I would be interested to know that. I have the
passenger side to finish and have the inner-to-outer and outer panel to
replace still.
Good luck,
Bob Chansler
Mead, CO