[oletrucks] Help with choosing new paint gun.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Help with choosing new paint gun.
From: bigfred@unm.edu
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:48:52 -0700
I'm thinking that it's time to get a new paint gun.
In doing so, I want to move up to HVLP. Now I'm really confused.
I'm not really sure what the differences are between a gravity feed
HVLP gun, a Siphon feed HVLP gun, or a Pressure feed HVLP gun.
What are the advantages/disadvantages of using one or the other.
How do I know if my compressor can handle a gun. My compressor gives
flow ratings at like 90psi and 175psi, but not at the low (20-36psi)
ratings used for HVLP guns.
The HVLP gun I'm looking at requires 20cfm at 36psi. Is this tough for
a compressor to handle???
I would really appreciate someone enlightening me.
Thanks alot.
-alfie