[oletrucks] Exhaust leak

To: 60schevy@topica.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Exhaust leak
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:48:16 EST
My recently rebuilt 305 has developed an annoying exhaust leak that I can't
find.  I've checked the exhaust-the donuts are good.  I checked the exhaust
manifolds (stock)- tight.  I checked the plugs-all tight.  What I have noticed
since hearing the leak, oil is l blowing out the valve cover breather and
leaking around the fuel pump.  Otherwise, the engine runs great.  I'm guessing
an
intake manifold gasket has blown with exhaust pressure entering the lifter
valley.  Anyone experienced the same?

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside