Re: [oletrucks] Exhaust leak

To: truxrme@hotmail.com, 60schevy@topica.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Exhaust leak
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:06:35 EST
In a message dated 2/29/2004 3:26:47 PM Central Standard Time,
truxrme@hotmail.com writes:
How about a crack in the exhaust manifold itself? Had on near the front
where tube bends?

I got out a short length of garden hose before pulling the intake and guess
what?  Number 1 cylinder exhaust gasket was blown (on the bottom side).  No
exhaust noise coming from the valve cover.  I replaced the gasket this
afternoon,
all is well.  I never did re-torque the bolts after assembly the first time.
Thanks to all who responded.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside