Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck door problems

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck door problems
From: J Forbes <jforb@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:49:37 -0700
> Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 07:15:53 -0500
> From: "mark treutelaar" <phoneman@ticon.net>
> Subject: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck door problems
>
> Hi My 55 chevy 2nd series truck  body needs some alignment. The doors on the
> bottom right corners stick out . Can any one help me or give me some ideas on
> how to line up the body or doors better. This truck was taken apart and put
> together buy someone else -Now I have the problem of straighteng this out

A common problem on the 55-59 trucks is that the bottom door
hinges get loose on the door, the area around the nuts
cracks.  The long term fix is to add a reinforcement over
the hinge, just like the top hinge has.  This requires some
fabricating and welding ability.

If you open the door, then move the back of the door up and
down, you maybe can see the bottom front corner of the door
move sideways, which means the hinge is moving relative to
the door.

If the hinges are loose on the door, then no amount of
aligning and adjusting will fix the problem.

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum at it's new home!
http://www.selectric.org