Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck door problems

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck door problems
From: Ryan Sain <rsain@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:08:59 -0700
On 5/19/04 1:19 PM, "Alan Horvath" <alan@alanhorvath.com> wrote:

> Ryan Sain wrote:
>
>> We decided to go with latch release actuators (read - shaved door
>> handles - electric buttons) to open ours.
>
> That's how most people go ... but I want my Chevy door handles.

I understand -

That's why I was thinking of a cantilever - push in (horizontal movement),
cantilever rotates on an axis - which pushes the other side down (now
vertical movement), now connect the bear claw to the bottom side of the
cantilever and bingo - push button opens the door!!!! This is done all the
time on airbag set-ups for suspension and works great. Don9t see a reason
why it won't work on the doors as well....

I'd be happy to draw up a little design for you if you want....

- Ryan