Re: [oletrucks] throw out arm boot

To: wschick1@twcny.rr.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] throw out arm boot
From: Cadamsarch@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:53:33 EDT
Hello OleTruckers,

I just received--for my 1951 Chevy 216 bellhousing--a rubber Clutch Fork
Boot, part number 90-525 from Chevy Duty. (Cost: just under $9.00.)

It looks good. It seems to fit. When I held it up to the clutch fork opening
in the bellhousing this afternoon, it looked like I may have to install the
boot before the clutch fork. (The clutch fork is in.) It was late in the day,
the time when I have been known to ruin parts and my own disposition, so I
decided to sleep on it overnight and see how things look in the morning--or,
perhaps, afternoon.

An observation: the opening for this boot on my 1951 Chevy 216 bellhousing
seems smaller than similar openings on 1960 Chevy 235 bellhousings. My 216,
when
it came to me, had no boot. My 235 had a canvas-on-wire-frame boot--rotten
beyond recognition. If I were ordering the part, I'd check with a Chevy Duty
technical person to make sure I had the correct part.

If you need my rantings and ravings after trying to fit the new part, let me
know and I'll fill you in--though I may need a day or two to translate my @*&
%#\$s into English or something else recognizable as language.

Regards,

Culver Adams
1951 Chevy 3100
---