RE: [oletrucks] Engine swap

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Engine swap
From: "SCH (OldSub)" <Steve@oldsub.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:36:24 -0800
'54 and '55 1st crossmembers take an angled mount, the same as later
pickups.  The '47 - '53 have a flat spot for the mount.

I don't know when Chevy quit using a bellhousing mount on manual
transmission trucks.  I have a bellhousing from a mid-60's truck and have
test fit it, so I know it will work.

Does anyone know when Chevy quit using that same mount?  I'd be curious.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com