RE: [oletrucks] Engine swap

To: "'Bob Fischer'" <r.fischerjr@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Engine swap
From: "SCH (OldSub)" <Steve@oldsub.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:31:03 -0800
Bob can you clarify your description please.

The original '49 should not fit a 283.  Do you mean an original 283 type
bellhousing bolted to the stock transmission?  Is/was your truck set up with
a saddle tube for motor side mounts, and a transmission mount crossmember at
the rear of the transmission?

What kind of rear is in your truck?

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com