Re: [oletrucks] carburetor and straight axle

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] carburetor and straight axle
From: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:33:12 -0700
 > The residual instability may be just a perception caused by how
 > "tippy" the truck feels compared to my others

Hi Leon.

        I had to skip much of this thread, and hope nobody else has suggested
this. I've a '53 3/4 ton. When I bought it the steering wheel had more
than 180 degrees free play. Once that was tightened down as far as
possible ( it still has some 20: free play ) I found the Bias Ply tires
were the next thing. Prior to going to steel belted if a front tire were
to hit a 1" rock that wheel would bounce right or left. The other front
wheel would not. My thought was that there were split beads in the tires
( if that is possible ) but as replacing them resolved the issue I did
not go any further.

        Hope this helps a bit.

                Paul