RE: [oletrucks] New Garage - Lighting

To: dcvjrv@comcast.net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] New Garage - Lighting
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:07:01 +0000
Jim
my recomendation for price & flexibility is to put duplex outlets in rows on
the ceiling and use 4 foot fluoresent lights. home depot has a cold start
light with a protective cage, switch & 5 ft cord for $14. with the 5 ft cord
you can space the outlets 8 ft apart and the lights 4 ft apart. the nice
part is you can add or subtract lights as needed. zone the light switches so
you can turn on certain areas only. this is also very easy to add sheetrock
to the ceiling if you decide that later.

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...

>From: dcvjrv@comcast.net
>To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, "oletrucks"
><oletrucks@autox.team.net>,        oletrucks@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [oletrucks] New Garage - Lighting
>Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 22:47:13 -0400
>
>I am in the process of building a garage to store and work on my
>vehicles.  I will be 50' x 64' with 13' from floor to bottom of trusses
>and will be clear span.  I am looking for comments and
>recommendations as to the best lighting to install.  I want to keep
>the lights even with the bottom of the trusses.  The walls will be
>drywalled (sheet rocked) and the ceiling will be left open.
>
>Thanks for any and all comments and recommendations.
>

>Jim V.
>1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
>http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
>dcvjrv@comcast.net

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!