Re: [oletrucks] 81 camore more questions

To: "ole trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 81 camore more questions
From: "J Forbes" <jforbspam@fastmail.fm>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:15:10 -0700
> Subject: [oletrucks] 81 camore more questions
>
> I told you guys I was getting a 1981 Camaro to use the front and rear for
> my
> 55 Chevy 2nd. The guy still has it and I got a closer look at it today.
> It
> has been sitting for awhile and the rotors are rusted and maybe the
> calipers
> need rebuilding or replacing. I guess this would be a common thing to
> replace after getting a front end from a parts vehicle? My plan is to get
> the car this weekend and start taking the parts off of it.

Yes, you'd at least want to turn the rotors, or replace them if they're
out of spec (too thin).  You should rebuild the calipers, or just get
rebuilt ones.

> It has a power booster but no master cylinder. Does anyone know if the
> power
> booster will work for my truck? I was wondering about the break pedal,
> would
> that work in my 55? I know it would be a smaller pedal.

If you want to hang the brake pedal and booster/cylinder on the
firewall, you could, but it may be better to put it under the truck so
you can use the stock pedal.  If you do this you'll need an aftermarket
setup, either a bracket for non-power, or a bracket/booster assembly
(big bucks) for power.

Jim
--
  J Forbes