Re: [oletrucks] mechanics gloves

To: Tom Cooper <tntcoop@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] mechanics gloves
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 12:36:27 -0800 (PST)
I don't know what mechanics gloves are, my experience
says that decent work gloves will do the trick.
I different times in my career, I have supervised
maintenance departments. Through trial and error, they
found that decent (meaning not cheap) leather or
deerskin work gloves worked really well for them. They
could do most things with gloves on, obviously
starting  a 10-32 screw is a challenge, but, anything
larger was fairly easy. The main reason I didn't mind
spending $10 a pair for gloves for them, it reduced
their accident rate  from cuts and scrapes to zero.
They wanted them fairly tight, because of that, the
cheap ones did not hold up.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100

--- Tom  Cooper <tntcoop@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I was wondering how much the mechanics gloves
> restrict what you can do
> while working on the truck. I know they will help
> keep ya hands clean
> but I am not really concerned about that. I was
> thinking about keeping
> my hands warm but yet still be able to screw in
> bolts and nuts. Also do
> they shield the heat if I have to work on a hot
> engine?
> Some good points and bad points before I buy a pair
> would be
> appreciated...thanks  tom

Jim Nordwall
http://www.geocities.com/jimnordwall/