Re: Tool for a loved one

To: Eric J Petrevich/LRM <inch@megageek.com>
Subject: Re: Tool for a loved one
From: Andy Poling <andy@globalauctions.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 14:20:00 -0500 (EST)
> 1- is the HD stuff worth it?

Yeah - the Husky tools are good quality.  Their not pro quality, but
certainly good enough for a home mechanic

> 2-What should a "starter" kit contain?

For a bike?  I'm assuming Japanese here.  A good 3/8" ratchet handle and an
assortment of metric sockets (and deep-well sockets too), metric box-end
wrenches, allen wrenches, phillips and blade screwdrivers in common sizes,
needle-nosed pliers, linesman pliers, side-cutters (dikes), slip-joint
pliers, and a crimp electrical connector assortment with crimper.  If the
bike is old, an impact tool is invaluable for loosening stubborn fasteners.

That's all that comes to mind for a basic bike mechanic's kit.

> 3-what type of tool box should I get? (1 piece carry style)

One of those combo toolbox and stepping/sitting stool thingies would be handy
for working on a bike.  I think Sears has them, buit you can probably also
get them at HD or Kmart...

-Andy

72 Pantera - Rocky             91 Miata - Steve                 96 A4Q - Rudolf
80 928 - Phantom             87 E350XL - Andylance             84 RZ350 - Sting