Truck bed liners

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Truck bed liners
From: michael lowe <mlowe@itrade-sa.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:27:30 -0700
Hi Drew,
Good to see you the other day. Did you get out to the race Sat or Sun? I
couldn't make and am a little sorry, must have been exciting.
I have a friend in Texas, a rancher, that swears by the spray in coatings
for pickups. He was a car dealer and used to use the drop in units, till his
used car manager pointed out that water generally gets under the lining and
along with the dents that happen in the ordinary course of a pickup's life,
rust becomes an issue. The spray liner stops that and on resale time, a
little touch up and armorall equivalent wipe over makes it look just fine.
The slip and fall resistance on the spray in is much better. Oil on the drop
in is deadly.
He used a brand available at Wal-Mart and Sams Club, do not remember the
name. But did say that was a cost consideration more than anything else. The
commercial spray places generally use the cheaper stuff as well. As long as
it has some abrasive for slip resistance. Some of the more expensive sprays
have color options.
Later,
Michael Lowe
Napa