Re: Truck bed liners

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Truck bed liners
From: McVintage@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:37:37 EDT
In a message dated 7/24/01 11:48:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lotus.tony@airmail.net writes:

> There's an alternative to the plastic liners and the spray-on coatings.
> Costs very little and has none of the water retention and rust problems.  A
> full size thick rubber mat protects the floor and keeps things from sliding
> about.  The inner sides can still get a little dinged up when you haul the
> firewood but it works for me

ditto here. Have  a custom sized "Big Mat" rubber mat been using in my 83
El Camino for years. Remove the mat and the bed floor still shines like new.

here's another solution: get a new truck !  I just bought a 2002 Chevy
Avalanche
- it comes with hard plastic lining on bed walls and tailgate and removable
rubber mat on bed floor. Bed walls are molded with slots where you can slide
2x4 or 2x6 s in various positions - tailgate has cup holders molded in
(sorry I'm just like a kid with a new toy right now.)

Cheers
Jack Mc

///