Pouring a floor

To: "'Shop-Talk@Autox. Team. Net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pouring a floor
From: "Ron Schmittou" <rs1121@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:48:46 -0500
A friend of mine recently acquired a nice workshop with his last property
and the floor was the best I have seen - regular polished concrete but the
sides of the floor are rounded up about 10 inches so there is a nice
sweeping corner instead of the normal 90 degree transition of concrete floor
to wall material of the building.  His has regular sheet-rock/insulated
style walls, but since they are raised off the floor, they don't get banged
up the same way, and when you spray out the shop it doesn't run under the
wall.  I can't figure out how you could pour a slab to finish out this way,
but I defiantly want to add this feature to my next shop.  The roll down
door tracks are inset into the sides so all the doorways are level with the
main floor.

Pretty neat set-up, wish I could find out who built it - looks to be vintage
70's construction

Ron Schmittou
APEX Computer Service
(325) 690-9509 Direct / Cell