RE: core drilling brick

To: mg_garage@comcast.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: core drilling brick
From: "ejrussell@mebtel.net" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:05:34 -0500
Original Message:
-----------------
From: Gordie's Garage

> Eric, I'm curious as to what bit you used for your 2" hole?  A 2" masonry
> bit seems awfully large.

Well, it was quite a few years ago. The hole was large enough to pass some
~2" iron pipe through. I was relocating the fill & vent pipes for a fuel
oil tank.

IIRC, it was some sort of carbide masonary type drill. Certainly no water
was used. It was loud & dusty. My knee hurt because I'd lean on the drill
with my knee. THAT I still recall...

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC (but the foundation I 'drilled' was in MA)

http://mail2web.com/ .