Re: [Shop-talk] Socket holders

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Socket holders
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:05:20 -0700
> a  labeled cup according to the BOLT size:  example: all 7/16 sockets go in
> one cup:  1/4, 3/8 & 1/2 drives.   When I go for a socket, I have options
> for the size I want.  Only the mid sizes have to share all three drive type;
> the little 1/4s and the big 1/2s get a cup to themselves.

You posted this here before, and I then went out and partitioned a
couple drawers in one of my Vidmar tool cabinets like that (except that
I do separate them by drive size) and it's worked out far better than
anything I'd tried before, so I just wanted to thank you for the tip and
that it certainly works for me.

I've got one drawer for handles, extensions, spark-plug sockets,
adapters, and other 'universal' stuff, then one for metric sockets and
etc, and one for inch sockets and etc.

Now I just need to get my screwdrivers and pliers and etc. organized as
well.

Any tool-organization strategy is a compromise between (a) perfect
accessibility when you need it (b) cleanup-and-put-away time afterward
and (c) physical space (and memory-space to easily remember where you
put things.)  I hate (b) so much that I'm willing to compromise (a) a
little bit to reduce it.

John.