Re: [Shop-talk] Socket holders

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Socket holders
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:14:00 -0500
Had the metal sticks for many years and finally threw them away due to rust,
hard to add and remove sockets, cut fingers, etc.

Then switched to these ...

http://www.lislecorp.com/tool_detail.cfm?detail=639

I liked them but they do seem to take up a lot of space in the drawer. There is
some space between each of the sockets and it does
not lend itself will to putting several sockets of the same size right next to
one another.

Then found these ...

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00941829000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

which are the plastic version of the metal stick. I am assuming they will not
rust, seem to be the most efficient in use of space,
sockets are easy to put on and take off but appear strong enough to not fall
off, seem to be sturdy enough, you can get extra posts,
etc.

Not normally a big Craftsman fan, but these seem to do the job quite well.

Arvid