Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)

To: <eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)
From: "Bill Gingerich" <bill@gingerich.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 22:39:40 -0600
I'll keep my comments brief, as most of the ideas have already been voiced.
This relationship stuff is a 2 way street.  Neither party has sole
responsibility for communication, accommodation, and compromise in any
relationship.  If you haven't already, you and she need to have some serious
discussions about each of your interests and hobbies.  If she isn't willing
to give you some space for your interests, and vice versa, the relationship
is going to be in trouble before you know it.  Don't wait to start talking.

My wife of 18 years (second marriage for us both) did MG's in her first
marriage, so she knows the allure of LBC's.  She understands my Triumphs are
my therapy, and, for the most part, lets me do my thing.  I do make a point
of communicating with her to make sure I'm not neglecting something she
considers important.  She does the same.  She knows where to find me, helps
me when I ask, and enjoys riding in the cars.  In turn, I know she'll be in
her sewing/craft room, help her when she asks, and enjoy the fruits of her
interests.  It seems to work for us.

Bill Gingerich
Oklahoma