Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 08:19:56 -0800
> 0. My job is to please/care for/provide for her.
> This is an observation that pretty much colors everything else; I think
> it's true for most (American) men I know, but I'm trying not to
> generalize. I'm supposed to be the provider, and I'm happiest when I'm
> making her happy. If what it takes for her to be happy is *not*
> something I enjoy doing, then there's going to be trouble. This
> observation colors all the rest.

I realized after I sent this that this statement is ambiguous. I should
have prefaced it with "I'm wired to think that" ... that is, it's an
internal expectation. I don't really know the origins - but the way
I normally act and think is consistent with that ... like it or not.

It so happens that I've run into a lot of other guys who are wired this
way, too :-)