Re: [Shop-talk] Extension cord gauge per load and distance

To: Ian McFetridge <shop-talk2@mcfetridge.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Extension cord gauge per load and distance
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 08:27:36 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Heavy duty extension cords are pretty pricey. I had my compressor (240
hard wired) connected to the panel in my garage and it cost under $100.
I am guessing he will pay close to that for a heavy duty cord....

50 ft 10 gauge over $85....

http://www.gemplers.com/product/181891/50-ft-10-gauge-Heavy-duty-Extension-Cables?sku=181891&src=25SEPLA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=181891&gclid=CNrr9uqO57ECFcVAMgod9l4A9Q