Re: gasoline gauge on Spit 1500

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Subject: Re: gasoline gauge on Spit 1500
From: Ken Tharp <kthinc@dwx.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 20:01:48 -0500
I posted to the list about 10 days ago with a question about my gasoline gauge
and possible reasons that it wasn't working. I just wanted you to know the
status
of the situation, since you very graciously took the time to make a comment on
my
problem.

First of all, for those of you who asked about the temperature gauge, it is
working fine. With that in mind, the voltage stabilizer must be okay. So I
proceeded to the float/sender area.

Just in the past day or so have I used enough gasoline to get the tank down to
where I could explore the sender. Tonight, I removed the fiberboard panel
concealing the gasoline tank and found the sender. When I got to that point, and
mulled the whole thing over in my mind, I decided that I'd better get ahold of a
gasket for the collar thing before I went much further. So I put the whole thing
back together & am on "hold" status until I get the gasket.

Once again, thank you for your input. I'll post the results when I've gotten a
gasket & done the full exploration.

Ken Tharp
'79 Spitfire 1500
West Des Moines, IA