Re: paintjob

To: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@hey.net>
Subject: Re: paintjob
From: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 19:40:29 -0700
Tom-

I had real good luck with the centari.  I used the hardener per the shop
guys instructions.  It worked great.  I sanded the boot lid and
repainted with impunity 24 hours later.  It came out PERFECT.  It is the
best panel on the car.

Also, I used 1200 grit on other minor textured areas, overspray, and
sags to flatten the surface.  Then I used McGuires Fine Cut (#9)with the
10" orbital buffer followed by McGuires Polish (#2).  This brought out
the hard flat high shine finish I was after.  All the buffing is a
little more work, and I can hit a couple of other ares later if I want,
but over all I am very happy for this being the my first spray job, and
doing it in my garage.

I think a lot of it is in the TOOLS, and in using the full compliment of
materials-good paint, hardener, and proper reducer, to get the job done
right.  That hardener is really magic stuff!
--
Brian W. Neuschwander