Re: Spitfire Mark III

To: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Mark III
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 02:25:39 -0400
Vic Whitmore wrote:
> For local Ottawa sources, you may want to contact Trevor Boicey. I'm
> sure he could help you out. His e-mail address is: tboicey@brit.ca

  That's me!

  The best Ottawa-area locations are Miniman in Carp (just past the
Corel Center) and the Sports Car Factory in Hallville, about 30 mins
South.

  The shops serve different markets and make a good combination
when you live around them. Miniman is more of a "repair shop", they
have a lot of new parts in stock like filters and brake shoes and
other consumables. They also have a decent junkyard in the back
with a few dozen LBCs. They will also do all repairs of any
size.

  The Sports Car Factory is more of a restoration shop than a repair
shop. Although they have been known to help out, they don't seek
small repair jobs. Their specialty is metal fabrication and repair,
and some of their work is incredible. They have a very good junkyard
in the back and an upstairs warehouse with more parts than you could
count in a lifetime. The owner, John, has an encyclopedic knowledge
of all things british and can usually reach into the grocery-store-sized
pile of parts and hand you what you need.

  Miniman is in the phone book, I forget the number. The Sports Car
Factory has a web page at http://www.hallville.com/ .

  Good combination. Miniman saved me when I needed an MGB head
gasket set one minute before closing time on a friday, they charged
my credit card and buried it in the snow for me to dig up when I
got there after closing. SCF has saved me a hundred times when I
needed advice and parts. My allegiance leans slightly to the SCF
but they are a bit far to visit too often.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/