Spitfire Mark III

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Mark III
From: Andy Warfield <warfiel@gaul.csd.uwo.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 12:40:28 -0400 (EDT)
Hey everybody,

        I'm new to the list, so I might as well introduce myself.  My name
is Andy, I'm a computer science student at the University of Western
Ontario in London, Canada.  Currently I'm back at home in Ottawa, though.

        I just got my 1969 Mark III on the road a couple of weeks ago,
after about two years of initial work.  I'm having a blast.

        One initial question I have for the list is this...  Let me
preface this by saying that I could not find an FAQ or anything for this
list anywhere - so if this is an annoying, overasked question I apologize
in advance.  My Question: I have been having increasing difficulties
finding parts in recent months. Many of the suppliers don't carry anything
prior to Mk IVs.  In particular, I'm looking for a soft top and frame, and
a vacuum advance.  Ideally, I'd just like to buy an entire parts car.
Does anybody have any advice?

        I'm thrilled to have found the list, and even happier to see that
there is some traffic on it.

Seeya,

        Andy.

---
   "Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
   "Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."
   "And he has Brain."
   "Yes," said Piglet, "Rabit has Brain."
   There was a long silence.
   "I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything."

        - The House at Pooh Corner, A. A. Milne
        (as quoted in The Tao of Pooh, by Benjamin Hoff)

Andy Warfield
warfiel@gaul.csd.uwo.ca