Half Shaft U Joints?

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Half Shaft U Joints?
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 18:05:37 -0400
Hi Spitters,

I think I already know the answer to this one. My 78 has a click, clunk
???, whatever sound coming from the left rear end of the car. Only does
it on deceleration and does it much louder it left hand turns. I think
it's the half shaft u joints that need replacing. At least the left one
anyway. But if I'm going to replace one, I'll do them all, including the
drive shaft. What do you folks think? Am I right, or..........?
--

Tom Shirley  Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)
http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080

My Datsun 510 #18 (the race car)
http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080/510stuff.html

Spitfire FAQs and Tips