BCW [More]

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: BCW [More]
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 21:13:34 -0400
Started British Car Week early, Saturday we went out for a drive to
acclimate my S.O. to Spitfire driving for the first time.   She loved it!

On Sunday, my daughter was visiting, and Mom couldn't stop talking about
the Spitfire drive...so of course, off we went.   Another convert!

Since I have to drive a van to work, Mom took the Spit to her business on
Monday.   "It sure is cold in the morning!" was her comment, but the
temperature didn't dampen her spirits much.   She got compliments
throughout the day from her co-workers that noticed the car.

Monday Evening, it was my turn, since our local Triumph club (NJTA) met
that night.   Top still folded out of sight, I kept to the secondary roads,
and had a blast all the way.   It was cool at 10pm on the way home, but
still exhilarating.

And it's only Monday.   Two tanks of gas all ready...

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
Succasunna, NJ USA
"Now that cars are better, why do they keep lowering the local speed limits?"