RE: no gasoline or ????

To: "'Bob Sykes'" <s1500@worldnet.att.net>, Ken Tharp <kthinc@dwx.com>
Subject: RE: no gasoline or ????
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 11:53:20 -0500
Ken,

Have you checked for good flow of petrol all the way to the carb?

If you don't find an obvious problem with the fuel system... you might check
and see if you're running into the same problem my '73 1500 had:  I'd let
the car sit over a hot Texas summer and when I went to start it up it would
fire right up, rev up once good and high... and die.  Without going through
all the tedious details of the troubleshooting I did, it turned out that the
centrifugal weights in the distributor were "gummed" up and would stick in
the full out position.  The first hard rev would push them out all the way,
and it'd take several hours for them to "flow" back to the rest position.

Jim