Re:Stuck at 70...

To: drfaustus@london.crosswinds.net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re:Stuck at 70...
From: scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 8:00:51 +0000
Andy,

I'll be quite interested to see the responses on this one, as I've had a ve=
ry
similar problem with my GT6.  Almost exactly like hitting a rev-limiter at=20=
3750.
 I suspected coil saturation, weak valve springs or maybe a voodoo hex from=
 the
MG guys across town.

On mine, after some investigation, it appears that the DPM ( @#()% Prior
Mechanic) installed the front carb's isolator block upside down so that the
cutout, rather than leaving the port open, nicely vented the back side of t=
he
carb to the atmosphere.  Couldn't see it until the carbs came off for inspe=
ction
over the winter. =20

As the car hasn't been run yet this year, I don't know for sure whether tha=
t was
THE problem, but it was certainly A problem.  If you get responses off the=20=
list,
would you mind forwarding them to me?

Scott Barr
scott.barr@mccarty-law.com