Re: Stuck at 70...

To: "Dr. Faustus" <drfaustus@london.crosswinds.net>
Subject: Re: Stuck at 70...
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 15:22:32 +0000
I have one like this, if I put chrome-wire air filters on mine, if hit a
barier at about 4000 rpm's in second.  It is extreamly clear cut, when I
put it up a gear, you get shoved in the back.  I have now put the
orriginals back on, convinced that it is a fule proplem rather than
timing.  It came the same time as the new air filters were added.  A
braking and suspension overhaull has lefed the car off the road, so I am
unable to test.

A couple of theorys propsed by some of the physists here... The inlet
manifolds are always tuned, so chainge the air filter you change the
frequency, which meens you can set up a standing wave at a certain RPM,
which gives a dead spot.   Hence a very sharp notch.

My ideas

The ign - especialy me old coil.
There carb has the wrong needel for so much pressure hence it would push
a weak mixture weaker.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot