Re[2]: spitfire questions

To: dezn490@wadnr.gov, spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re[2]: spitfire questions
From: scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:07:03 +0000
Maybe I'm just accustomed to being a mediator, but I have to believe that BOTH
are sources of the cracking.  My GT6 came with cracks (as did my prior GT6), and
when I installed new rubber cones, it became clear that the revised dimensions
were putting stresses on the sheet metal around the latches.   But I know that
using the latches as lifting handles doesn't help the situation.  In fact,
clamping down the overtight latches created flexing and stresses on the cracked
area which looked just like the stresses caused by lifting with the latches.

Scott Barr
scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
72 GT6 (with cracks)